Tactical GPS Navigator + ABC Watch
- High-sensitivity GPS with automatic calibrating altimeter, barometer and 3-axis compass
- Scratch-resistant, curved lens prevents reflection
- Negative mode liquid crystal display with green LED
- TracBack to navigate back to your starting point
The field-ready tactix is a high-sensitivity GPS navigator plus ABC watch packed with features for training, exploring and more. Inside, it’s an altimeter, barometer, 3-axis compass and tracker with 1,000 waypoints, 10,000 track points and TracBack capabilities. Outside, it is waterproof (to 50 meters), matte black and non-reflective with a green LED backlight that won’t flare out night vision.
Plan, Navigate, Track
tactix lets you create routes, record up to 1,000 waypoints (such as rally points, LZs or potential campsites) and record GPS bread crumb trails on the move (tracklogs). Navigate to coordinates, along a track or route, toward waypoints or along any other selected bearing. The TracBack feature guides you back along a previously recorded tracklog so you can easily find your way to the end of a tactical training course, campsite, trailhead or safety of a vehicle, even in challenging conditions.
Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp and BaseCamp Mobile. tactix is equipped with both ANT+™ capabilities and Bluetooth® to wirelessly share tracks, waypoints and routes with other compatible Garmin devices or smartphones.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
tactix is equipped with ABC sensors (altimeter, barometer and compass) to provide relevant real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
tactix auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe™ external temperature sensor.
tactix provides real-time performance data, such as distance, pace, cadence and calories, helping you keep track of your progress during and after your adventures. tactix is compatible with our heart rate monitor, speed/cadence bike sensor and foot pod for indoor or outdoor use.
Built to Endure the Roughest Conditions
tactix combines a strong housing to survive shocks with a mineral glass lens to resist scratching. It has a large LCD display with a green LED backlight and a robust polyurethane wristband. It’s waterproof to 50 meters and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in GPS mode (depends on settings) and up to 5 weeks in watch mode.
The all-black, rugged and durable design was inspired by the strict requirements mandated by tactical units for the gear they use in the field. Its scratch-resistant, curved lens is rugged and prevents reflection. The U.S. Tides feature and Jumpmaster mode are invaluable to amphibious and airborne operations. The green backlight won’t compromise your position or your vision (and won’t flare out night-vision goggles).
More Than an Ordinary Watch
tactix includes sun/moon information and a hunt/fish calendar in addition to basic watch functions such as alarms, tones, vibration alerts, a timer, stopwatch and world clock with the ability to display several times zones at once. It even controls VIRB™ and VIRB Elite™ action cameras.
- High-sensitivity GPS positioning with automatic calibrating altimeter, barometer and 3-axis compass
- All metal surfaces PVD-coated in black to be non-reflective - Rugged, durable, and waterproof up to 50 meters
- Negative mode liquid crystal display with green LE D backlight for night vision compatibility
- Scratch-resistant, curved mineral glass lens and rugged forged stainless steel rear case
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 50 hours in GPS mode, 3 weeks in sensor mode, and 5 weeks in watch mode - Preloaded with Jumpmaster software for skydivers, Tide data (for the U.S. only), and worldwide basemap