Garmin eTrex is a recognizable name when it comes to outdoor explorations and adventures. These handheld GPS line has been selling millions of units over the past 10 years. With new refinements, including better menus and simpler operation, the new, head-of-class Garmin eTrex 30 is a hiker's dreams come true. Offering international shaded-relief (pseudo-topographic) mappings, a 2.2" color screen, built-in altimeter and compass, this handheld GPS device lets you explore the world's roads and forests with more assurance than ever. The eTrex 30 offers 2.2" 65k color sunlight readable display, a shaded relief worldwide basemap, and internal memory plus a microSD card slot. It also exclusively features a 3-axis electronic compass that shows your heading even when the unit is not held flat, as well as a barometric altimeter that provides precise elevation readings. Wireless unit-to-unit connectivity is available for sharing waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches. Use the internal memory with the microSD card slot on the eTrex 30 to add TOPO, road and marine mapping options from Garmin. Geocaching friendly? The eTrex 30 is compatible with paperless geocaching, meaning that you can download all the hints, descriptions, and other information you need about a cache right to the GPS unit from OpenCaching or Geocaching. It's veritable features and open options demonstrate how eTrex 30 is more than a hikers dream. It is compatible with Garmin's detailed Topo 24K and inland lakes maps, and includes a hunt/fish calendar, an electronic compass, and barometric altimeter-all features that hunters will appreciate. The eTrex 30 GPS is waterproof to IPX-7 standards, meaning it can be submerged for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 3 feet. It's also compatible with Garmin's marine maps on microSD cards. Use the optional eTrex 30 bicycle mount to take your GPS on the road or mountain bike trips to help keep
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide relief basemap and 2.2-inch color display
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Built-in 3-axis electronic compass always shows your heading; barometric altimeter pinpoints your precise altitude
- Compatible with topographic, marine, and road maps--TOPO U.S. 24K, BlueChart g2, City Navigator, etc.
- Powered with two AA batteries; waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc.