Choosing the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100 dollar is easy if you know the features to look for. Here, we bring you the best priced sleeping bags.
You need to have the best backpacking sleeping bag, before you leave home for hiking or camping. Although it is very enjoyable, backpacking is also very tiring. Therefore, the only thing that you want to do when you are done with a day’s hike is hit the sack hard, and slumber your way through the night. However, you know very well that you cannot bring your bed with you. Here, we bring you the best backpacking sleeping bag types that cost less than $100, and ones that you will keep for a long time. Interested? Keep reading. While it is hard, backpacking should not be a punishment but rather, a pleasurable and fun time that you can look forward to any time with the best cheap sleeping bag.
The best backpacking sleeping bag to choose
1. Coleman Brazos Sleeping Bag
For a cost of few dollar on Amazon.com, you will get this best backpacking sleeping bag that is made of 100 percent polyester (shell) and the fill is also 100 percent polyester. This is not only the best cheap sleeping bag, but it is also usable in high and low temperatures alike.
- Designed to keep the insulation material from shifting with fiberlock technology
- Has a patented, no snag zipper that will push the fabric away when zipping up
- Made for temperature ranges between 20 degrees Fahrenheit and 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is machine washable
2. TETON Sports Celsius XXL -18C/0F Sleeping Bag
TETON Sports Celsius XXL -18C/0F Sleeping Bag; Free Compression Sack Included is not heralded as the best backpacking sleeping bag for nothing. It has amazing features and its rugged construction will ensure that it lasts many hiking vacations. This is the best cheap sleeping bag and it is large enough to fit even two smaller people comfortably.
- Is made of 100 percent polyester
- Has two zippers, one on each side to allow you to join two sleeping bags
- Double layered construction to trap more air for more warmth
- Measures 90 by 39 inches
- Weighs 7 lbs
- Is made with a tough taffeta shell
3. Coleman Palmetto Sleeping Bag
Coleman is a well-known name in the sporting industry. Therefore, you will see that the Coleman Palmetto Sleeping bag is the best backpacking sleeping bag in the market. With the shell made of 100 percent polyester and the fill is 100 percent cotton. This best cheap sleeping bag is very comfortable for use during the cold weather as it keeps you snug and warm.
- Styled with a polyester cover and a tricot lining of three pounds of ColeTherm insulation
- Made with ThermoLock system that prevents the loss of heat through the zipper
- Can be machine-washed
- Made of 100 percent polyester for the cover and 100 percent cotton for the fill
- Can comfortably fit a user who is 5 feet 11 inches tall
- Sold with manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years
- Can be zipped together with another Coleman Palmetto sleeping bag to create enough room for two people
- Made with roll-control design to make folding and stashing into the stuff sack easier
4. Coleman Trinidad Warm Weather Sleeping Bag
Even when the temperature goes as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit, you can still sleep comfortably inside the best backpacking sleeping bag – the Coleman Trinidad warm-weather best cheap sleeping bag. It is made to accommodate people of varied heights comfortably up to 5 feet 11 inches. When the temperature rises to as high as 60 degrees Fahrenheit, you can still enjoy using this sleeping bag without sweating.
- It is made to be used in temperatures as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit and as high as 60 degrees Fahrenheit
- Measures 75 by 33 inches and can fit a person of 5 feet 11 inches comfortably
- The shell is made of 100 percent polyester
- The fill is also made of 100 percent polyester
- Patented no-snag zipper will plow the fabric away as it is zipped to ensure no snagging
- Can be machine-washed
5. Coleman North Rim Extreme Weather Sleeping Bag
This is a big mummy shaped sleeping bag that is made with large people in mind. For example, it can fit people of heights of up to 6 feet 2 inches comfortably. Just as its name suggests, this is an extreme weather sleeping bag meaning that you can use it in extreme conditions. For example, it has been tested and rated for use in temperatures as low as 15 degrees Fahrenheit as the insulated chest baffle will keep the heat inside the body of this best backpacking sleeping bag.
- Sold with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty – limited
- It measures 82 by 32 inches and it can fit a person of 6 feet 2 inches comfortably
- Tested and rated for extremely low temperatures
- Made with the Diamond rip-stop cover of Polyester and has a polyester liner
- Incorporates the ComfortSmart technology from Coleman
- It has a two-way zipper
- Extra wiggling room for the feet from the box foot silhouette
- Has no cold spots thanks to the offset quilt build
- Machine washable
6. Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag
This is the best backpacking sleeping bag for many reasons. You can use it in 30 degrees Fahrenheit weather and the ThermoLock system prevents heat from escaping. It is made to last a long time as it is ruggedly designed. Packing up is easy as the sleeping bag comes with a roll control system and best of all, it can be machine washed.
- It is built with ThermoLock technology that prevents heat loss through the zippers
- Fiberlock design and structure will prevent the insulation from shifting, making sure that the sleeping bag remains usable for a long time.
- It is made of 100% cotton fill and 100% polyester cover
- It has been tested and rated for temperatures ranging from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can fit people of up to 5 feet 11 inches’ height comfortably
- Has a pouch, built-in for storing your personal effects when you are sleeping
- The flannel cotton lining is very comfortable on the skin
- It is not slippery inside. You will love using it as it is the best backpacking sleeping bag
7. Coleman Big Game -5 Degree Big and Tall Sleeping Bag
Coleman Big Game -5 Degree Big and Tall Sleeping Bag is just the best sleeping bag that you need to flop on at night after a hard day of hitting the trails on your hiking holiday. Just as its name suggests, it is an extreme weather sleeping bag that is tested and rated for 5 degrees Fahrenheit temperature. Since it is big, it can accommodate large people comfortably. We will see why it is the best backpacking sleeping bag.
- Measures a mere 11 lbs and therefore you can carry it with you wherever you are backpacking to
- It is large and can comfortably accommodate people with frames of up to 6 feet 5 inches or it can even take two smaller people.
- It is rated for use even in 5 Degrees Fahrenheit weather, which is about -20 degrees Celsius, real cold
- Integrated with ZipPlow to push the fabric away when you are zipping up to prevent snagging
- This best sleeping bag comes with unique Wrap ‘n Roll system where you just roll it easily and pack it into its carrier bag, which is attached to the best backpacking sleeping bag
- It is made with 100% cotton for the cover
- Fill is also 100% cotton
- Integrated with ThermoLock system to prevent heat loss from the zipper
8. Coleman White Water Large Cool Weather Scoop Sleeping Bag
Another Coleman sleeping bag makes it to this list, showing just why this brand name is on any list of the outdoor industry suppliers. Just as its name suggests, this is the best backpacking sleeping bag made for cool weather camping, between 30 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Sold with a limited warranty of 5 years, this bag is ideal for people intending to go camping in areas that do not have extreme weather.
- This best backpacking sleeping bag has a smooth zipper glide that allows easy zippering around the curves
- Made of 100% polyester for the cover
- Fill is made of 100% cotton – tricot lining
- FiberLock technology ensures that the sleeping bag keeps the heat inside
- Sold with a limited warranty of 5 years from the manufacturer
- Roll control for locking the sleeping bag into place when rolling up after sleeping
- Comfort cuff to surround the face with soft comfort
9. TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
This is a mummy bag that is designed with more room yet little weight, making it perfect for backpacking. We can confidently say that it is the best backpacking sleeping bag, after analyzing its features. And it has quite a number of them. For example, on the inside, it has pockets for holding your personal effects when sleeping. It is the best backpacking sleeping bag.
- It weight a mere 2.9 lbs making it one of the lightweight sleeping bags around
- It is designed with a hood that keeps the head raised from the ground
- The foot box styling gives the toes enough room to be comfortable even when you lie on your back
- This best backpacking sleeping bag measures 87 by 32 by 22 inches, which is spacious enough even for a large person
- Double brushed interior makes the sleeping bag breathable and very comfortable for users
- It is made of a diamond rip-stop cover that is not only long lasting but is also waterproof
- Rated for temperatures starting at +20 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is sold with a limited lifetime warranty from TETON
10. Ohuhu Double Sleeping Bag with 2 Pillows and a Carrying Bag
Not only is the Ohuhu Double best sleeping bag comfortable and soft on the skin, but it is also large enough to be used by a couple or even a couple that has a young child. This best backpacking sleeping bag has been tested and rated for temperatures ranging from 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 50 Degrees Fahrenheit. It is also designed with many zipper pullers, four of them to be precise. However, the best feature yet is that it can be separated into two sleeping bags.
- It is a cheap lightweight sleeping bag, large but light to carry around as it weighs 6.08 pounds
- It can be unzipped to make two sleeping bags
- Large enough to be shared by a couple with a small kid
- Cover material is 100% polyester and the fill is 100% cotton
- Package that you get on Amazon will include a carrying bag and two pillows
- The outer shell is water resistant
- The best backpacking sleeping bag has zippers on either side for easy getting and out without disturbing your sleeping partner
11. Coleman Big Basin Extreme Weather 0-20 Degree Sleeping Bag
For just few dollar on Amazon, you can have the best backpacking sleeping bag, the Coleman Big Basin Extreme weather sleeping bag that has been designed for use in temperatures ranging from 0 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. This is not just a regular sleeping bag because it is designed to comfortably fit people who are even more than 6 feet tall. The quilted structure of this best sleeping bag will eliminate all the cold spots making you comfortable and snug as you sleep. It is the best backpacking sleeping bag for you.
- Tested and rated for temperatures ranging from 0 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Made of 100% polyester cover as well as 100% polyester fill
- Incorporates ThermoLock technology to prevent heat escaping through zippers
- Diamond rip-stop cover is tear resistant
- Sold with 5 year limited warranty
- Has a semi-sculpted hood that keeps in the heat
12. Wenzel Moose Sleeping Bag
With more than 400 reviews on Amazon and most of them positive, you can without hesitation say that the Wenzel Moose cheap lightweight sleeping bag is the best backpacking sleeping bag for you if you would love to pack light for hiking. It weighs 3 pounds, and the price of less than $100 makes it the best cheap sleeping bag.
- This best backpacking sleeping bag is rated for use in 40 Degree Fahrenheit temperature
- The exterior fabric is made of polyester
- It is made for young campers, color selections
- Measures 66 by 26 inches
- No snag zipper
- Rolls up to a small size – 15 by 10 inches
- Can be used by young adults
13. TETON Sports Tracker +5F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
Like all the other TETON products, the TETON Sports Tracker +5 Ultralight Sleeping Bag is sold with a lifetime limited warranty. This alone tells you just how confident the manufacturers are of their product. It is a mummy-style sleeping bag that is large enough for people who have big shoulders and torsos. Measuring 87 by 34 inches, it is large enough for many adults, making it the best backpacking sleeping bag.
- It is made with a Diamond rip-stop outer shell that is tear-proof and water resistant
- Weighs slightly above 4 lbs making it very easy to travel with
- It has been styled with body mapping technology to ensure that more heat is spread where your body needs it most
- This best backpacking sleeping bag pockets in the interior to store your wallet and other effects when you are sleeping
- Has a draft tube for the zipper to prevent heat loss through the zipper
- Does not snag when you are zipping or unzipping it
14. Coleman 45 Degree Youth Sleeping Bag
With more young people taking up camping either alone or with their families, there is need for the best backpacking sleeping bag. Coleman has the best backpacking sleeping bag for the youth, the Coleman 45 Degree Youth best sleeping bag which retails at a very favorable price on Amazon.
- Softness surrounding your face due to the ComfortCuff design
- ThermoTech design to keep the heat inside the sleeping bag
- Roll Control to make your sleeping bag steady when you are rolling it up
- This best backpacking sleeping bag weighs 2 lbs
- It is machine washable
- Can be zipped to another sleeping bag
15. Coleman 2000004456 Oak Point Sleeping Bag
This is the best backpacking sleeping bag from Coleman. It is made for big people since it can accommodate even those who are as tall as 6 feet 4 inches. The outer cover is made of 100% polyester while the fill is 100% cotton, actually a soft flannel lining. As this cheap lightweight sleeping bag weighs just 4 lbs, it is perfect for your backpacking holiday.
- Incorporates ComfortSmart technology that keeps the heat inside
- As the best backpacking sleeping bag, it has ZipPlow for preventing snagging when you are zipping or unzipping it
- Made for cool weather camping in temperatures between 30 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can accommodate large people
- This cheap lightweight sleeping bag has Roll Control for easy rolling for storage or travel
There … you have just seen many options for the best backpacking sleeping bag. All of them are priced at below $100 on Amazon. Choose the best backpacking sleeping bag today and get ready for your camping or hiking holiday with a cheap lightweight sleeping bag.